Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mouth Watering Monday.... on a Tuesday!!! lol



Meringue Shells


Filled with Fresh fruit!!


MMMmmmm.... I have been craving these. They are so good. The shell reminds me of marshmellows!! They are low fat and low cholesterol. With only 141 calories and 2 mg of cholesterol. The recipe calls for low-fat yougurt to be put in the bottoms before you serve, but if you take that out these beauties have only 114 cal and no cholesterol.............


2 egg whites (at room temp.)

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/8 tsp cream of tartar

1/2 cup sugar

1 8 oz. carton fruit flavored low-fat yogurt (i usually use lemon)

2 cups sliced strawberries (or any other fruit)

1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced




  • Line a large baking sheet with plain brown paper, or parchment paper. Draw six 3-4 inch circles on the paper, set aside.


  • For merignue, in a small mixer bowl beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar with electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed till very stif peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved (about 7 min.).


  • Spread or pipe merignue over circles on paper, building up the sides to form shells. Bake in a 300 deg. oven for 35 minutes.
* Turn off oven; let merignue dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour. Do not open oven. Lift merignues off paper.

*To serve, spoon yogurt into shells. Arrange fruit atop yogurt. Makes 6 servings.

This is really easy, it does take just a little bit of time. But very good. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

So, as you can tell, I did not post on Friday!! Well.... I realized it Sat around noon at my son's basketball game. So I did not weigh in. My husband had Friday off and so we slept in and then got going with the days activities so I did not go to the gym like my usual schedule. I did however go to the doctor's of Monday and was glad to see that my weight had stayed the same. So I still have a 3 pound loss.... yipee!! I really want to make sure that I stick to my posts when I said.... I just need to get it into my head. See ya back here tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment